So recently my Kickstarter project, Operation Frame
, finished. It was my first Kickstarter campaign, or any fundraising campaign for that matter, and it was a success. I was trying to raise $500 to help pay for frames for my exhibit in February, 2014. My purpose for raising the money was really because I didn’t have enough money to frame the small paintings (all about 20 x 40 cm or slightly smaller) that I’d be exhibiting. If I didn’t raise the money then I wouldn’t have been able to exhibit the paintings with a professional look.As it turns out, I was able to raise $872, or 174% of my goal. Naturally, I’m ecstatic. Not only was I able to buy 10 frames, but I was able to buy some watercolor supplies for a new project (and a new medium for me). The plan is a series of watercolors representing Spain with the hopes of exhibiting them later this year. I’m also going to buy some larger canvases (50 x 70 cm up to 100 x 140 cm) for an abstract cityscape line that I hope to unveil in the coming months. I have already experimented with this before and feel that it will make for a good project as well.
So in short, I just want to thank everyone who participated in the project. Your donations and support have made this a success. This is your page and I’m happy to see your names there.